The City of San Rafael is considering adopting the County of Marin’s Reusable Foodware Model Ordinance. The ordinance seeks to standardize waste management across all Marin County jurisdictions and require retail food vendors (restaurants, cafes, food trucks, grocery stores, etc.) to do the following:
- Require compliant compostable foodware for takeout for all food vendors.
- Require reusable foodware for dine-in.
- Implement a $0.25 cup itemized charge for all disposable cups.
- Require foodware accessories such as straws and sauce packets only to be provided upon request.
- Require food vendors to provide clearly labeled, separate waste receptacles for solid waste, recyclables, and organics.
- *Certain exemptions will apply when no compostable product is available.
- First Hearing for City of San Rafael planned for May 1, 2023, 7pm
VIST WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO