Second and Fourth Street Intersection Improvements Project Description:
The Second and Fourth Street Intersection Improvements Project is to redesign the corridor to improve pedestrians crossings, promote bicycle connectivity, maintain local transit navigability, and simplify vehicular movement. The City of San Rafael Department of Public Works team are working with consultants to perform outreach and redesign the intersection to make it safely for all modes of transportation.
Second and Fourth Street Intersection Improvements Project Timeline:
- Obtained One-Bay Area Grant Cycle 3 Funding (January 2023) for a total of $3,000,000.
- Perform Public Outreach (January and February 2023)
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee Update Meeting (April 2023)
- Final Project Documents (Summer 2023)
- Start Construction (2024)