San Rafael Institution Perry’s Deli reopens
When the Schilling family decided it was time to step away from the century-old downtown Perry's Deli sandwich shop that patriarch Bob Schilling purchased in 1958, they approached Kaity and Roberto Galvez, owners of the four-year-old LJ’s Deli in Terra Linda, about taking it over. After an extended renovation and refresh, Perry’s Deli is now open.
For now, Perry’s has eight signature lunch sandwiches (or customize your own) all made on bread from Bordenave’s French Bread Bakery in San Rafael, four breakfast sandwiches and four salads (Caesar, Asian chicken, chicken cobb and a combo of house-made chicken and tuna salads).
When the team has more fully settled in, Galvez plans to expand the menu with seasonal items, mimosas on the back patio and more items from local vendors. She mentions that beer is on order from nearby Pond Farm Brewing Co., and she intends to bring in the “addictive lemon drizzle” from San Rafael’s Mill Valley Pasta Co. that she puts on the avocado toast at LJ’s.